- World famous, with a pilgrimage of world champion athletes and ski movie producers flocking to this region each year.
- Helicopters take off and land from the Yukon dry plateau so you get the dry cold Yukon interior climate with sunshine instead of being stuck in a hotel room for days, at sea level, waiting for fly weather.
- The Canadian dollar is at a record low right now, and Yukon Heliski is the answer to Alaska heliskiing in Canada.
- Our operation is a whole new experience, from leaving Vancouver on Air North, Yukon's Airline, to arriving in the Klondike goldrush town of Whitehorse, known for its amazing gold rush history and the frontier feel of Yukon's capital.
- Climate change has it effects on many southern low altitude operations. Here in the Yukon, we have both high altitude coastal mountains and a consistent, reliable, northern snow pack.
- Our Yukon guide Shane Parker spends the winter studying the snow pack, working for Yukon Highways keeping the roads clear of avalanche danger, manning weather stations and studying every snow fall from winters' start to the finish.
- Niko Helm, a member of Carcross tagish First Nation and a junior guide in training. He is a Canada Park Ranger on the Chilkoot trail who knows his traditional home region better than anyone!
- Mountain inspired huts and wood fired saunas and outdoor barbecue meals, with huge wood bonfires under the northern lights among some of the very top ski mountains in the world.
- Our heli ski tenure is traversed by two year around 24 hr a day well maintained paved Yukon, BC to Alaska highways. This allows us to operate deep in the coastal mountains with our helicopters being based very close to the ski area. For fuel costs and transport this is very effective. Most of our flight times are less than 2-5 minutes to the main ski runs. Therefore the operator can utilize the valuable heli time allotted for each group of guests for skiing instead of long heli travel distances backand forth transporting guests over lakes or barren dry no ski terrain.
- Yukon Heli Ski has two bases Haines pass and Whitepass on the Skagway highway are amazing destinations in themselves
- Yukon Heli Ski is a small group semi private heliski operator.
The Skagway White Pass and Chilkoot trail have one of the oldest ski histories in western Canada
Snow blower clearing highways on the pass
Skagway WHITEPASS yukon route rail line snow blower clearing the yukon route railway in the spring
This is the same machine that blows out a spot for our tiny ski town in the pass